Frequently Asked Questions
1. You can order additional filter sheets from us at 35 cents per sheet.
2. At your discretion and risk, you may use other household materials that can be a similar substitution (i.e., Non-reusable vacuum cleaner bags).
3. As a last resort, you still have the washable, reusable cloth masks that provide you with a 74% filtration protection barrier.
- Once an N95 is used for one day, they need to be discarded (All the droplets that were exposed to the outside stay on the mask).
- Having to buy a mask per day that you expose yourself to the outside is both expensive and unrealistic, as they are very deficient in supply.
- You can get a month’s supply in removable filters for ~10 dollars.
- Healthcare providers NEED them!! Keep in mind that it is VERY different, having to go to the grocery store for 30 mins then to work a 12+ hour shift on a facility with positive cases. Healthcare workers DON’T GET A CHOICE of what patients they are required to take care of. They have a dramatically higher risk of getting infected that of the general population.
- An N95 mask NEEDS to be the adequate sized to the person’s head to obtain the protection of an N95 respirator effectively, a seal is essential, which can only be done using the right size N95 mask*.
*United States regulations mandate that health care workers get fit-tested every year, a process that involves spraying foul-tasting fumes around a person’s head to see if the mask successfully blocks particles from entering the nose and mouth.
Hand wash and let air dry.
We recommend buying two masks so that you have a back up when one is being washed 🙂